Wednesday, February 11, 2009

:(

I am very sad, because I am an OCD procrastinator - which means, of course, I have yet to bring in something to work on, and when I do have something I'll stress over it a ton because it has to be PERFECT or else the world will END.

Also, I've done an obscene amount of blogging lately, and it's not exactly...fun filled...at the moment.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out what my photographic comic strip ought to be about, and so I've been reading "very short stories" for ideas. Because I can't exactly tell an epic in five photographs (unless I wrote an epic, and then took pictures of what I wrote, but that would be unbelievably boring). Mostly I'm looking for inspiration, but at the same time, it might be kind of cool to shoot my project based off of one of the following really short stories ( I posted ones that I thought I might actually be able to do my project on):

"For sale: baby shoes. Never worn." - Hemingway (this is kind of sad, but it would certainly give me an interesting story to tell)

"Lost. Then found. Too bad." - Graeme Gibson (it begs the questions: what? when? why?)

"Nevertheless, he tried a third time." - James P. Blaylock (tried what?)

"Thought I was right. I wasn't." - Graeme Gibson (consequences?)

Okay, those are all a littl heavy...Slade suggests something like "how to clean a toilet" or "cleaning up dog poo" (he sounds like my brother). So I supposed I could also look for ispiration in jokes...(I should make a dumb blonde comic strip - though it might need to be in color to make sense).

So...funny. I can do funny. Funny...ugh, I don't know. I'm not a particularly funny person (unless, like one of maybe four people in the world, you understand about one hundred inside jokes of mine. Then I'm hilarious).

I suppose I could shoot people tripping, falling off of things, into holes, etc. - pretty much anything you could make a little flip book about.

Too bad I can't control the weather.

2 comments:

Natalie! said...

haha emma you are funny!

Michael said...

I think you're funny too. British funny.